Thursday, August 16, 2007

In light of all the RS topics out there

These are not my words, but they pretty much express how I feel. I take them from the admin of another board which will remain nameless...if you know the name of the board, please just keep it to yourself, that's not the point of this thread. I just want to make sure the credit is due where it's needed.

I post this because of the huge quantity of RS threads over the past month or so.


Rapidshare is taking over the scene. The entire warez scene is starting to lean WAY to much on rapidshare. Rapidshare makes it almost impossible to download multi-part and large files without buying a premium account.

So much for free warez.

We are now paying them. Im seriously getting sick of this. I remember back in the old school warez days, when we all used to mass register on free hosts, and hijack public FTPs. Haha, good times Smile

Lets ALL make an effort, and start uploading our own stuff to sites other than Rapidshare.

A lot of times, people will just leech links from other sites. From now on, lets please make an effort to upload to a new source other than RS. Yes, this will take longer. Its not about quantity, its quality. And believe me, its pretty nice to have a bunch of people thank you for a high quality working upload.

I remember before I was an admin at any forum, I used to post my own uploads, with a fancy RAR extractor image, and what not. I would refresh the page every 5 minutes, frantically waiting for a reply. Every time someone complimented my upload, that would just boost my ego a little bit each time.

Take a look at the FTP section, there are some great servers where you can upload your files.

I will provide a list of good places to upload your files. PM them to any admin. I will update the list on a daily basis

Thanks for Reading & Help take back the scene!

If you support this message, add this to your siggie

Save the Scene! Ditch Rapidshare

No comments: